Be informed, engaged and connected
| Recent News:
- Meeting notification: Saanich OCP Strategic Update – Seeking Public Input on the Draft Plan
- Meeting notification: Rezoning and Subdivision Application for 2345 Queenswood Drive
- Meeting notification: DPA and Amendment to Liquor License 2581 Penrhyn Street
- Notification of meeting: Sewer Service Area for 3995 Telegraph Bay Road
- Letter from CBRA: Community Voice and Civic Education
What We Do
Since 1959, the Cadboro Bay Residents Association (CBRA) has been informing, engaging, connecting, and facilitating communications on behalf of the residents and business owners of Cadboro Bay, Ten Mile Point, and Queenswood. It is a grassroots community group established for the purpose of maintaining a strong, vibrant, active and positive community. CBRA exists to protect and enhance the quality of life for the residents and business owners within Cadboro Bay. CBRA strives to remain non-partisan and is committed to increase community involvement in issues that directly impact residents of Cadboro Bay. More details can be found on About Us and Vision, Mission, and Governance pages.
Promote the character of Cadboro Bay based on harmony with the natural environment and our heritage values
Proactive engagement on topics that impact Cadboro Bay by creating and supporting community forums
Safeguard and enhance our rich urban forests, green spaces, parks and trails
Cadboro Bay in Numbers
estimated population, representing 3.6% of Saanich residents (2016)
of sandy beach + large iconic playground at at Cadboro-Gyro Park
parks spanning 25 hectares with trails through rich forest and access points to coves
square feet of commercial space in a charming village centre
Serving Cadboro Bay:
We interact with the District of Saanich and other appropriate government or jurisdictional authorities with respect to current and future requirements of the community, on behalf of residents and business owners.
- Built Environment: Local Area Plan, Rezoning, Monitoring Development, Utilities.
- Healthy Living: Parks, Trails, Green Spaces, Community Events, Emergency Preparedness.
- Environment: Waterfront protection, Trees, Wildlife, Ecological Conservation and Restoration.
- Transportation: Public Transit, Traffic Safety, Sidewalks Pedestrian Safety, Vehicle and Bike Parking.
We acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory Cadboro Bay exists and the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.