Since 1959, the Cadboro Bay Residents Association (CBRA) has been informing, engaging, connecting, and advocating on behalf of the residents and business owners of Cadboro Bay. It is a grassroots community group established for the purpose of maintaining a strong, vibrant, active and positive community. CBRA exists to protect and enhance the quality of life for the residents and business owners within Cadboro Bay. 100% volunteer run, CBRA remains non-partisan and is committed to increase community involvement in issues that directly impact residents of Cadboro Bay.
We interact with the District of Saanich and other appropriate government or jurisdictional authorities with respect to current and future requirements of the community, on behalf of residents and business owners.
- Built Environment: Local Area Plan, Rezoning, Monitoring Development, Utilities.
- Healthy Living: Parks, Trails, Green Spaces, Community Events, Emergency Preparedness.
- Environment: Waterfront protection, Trees, Wildlife, Ecological Conservation and Restoration.
- Transportation: Public Transit, Traffic Safety, Sidewalks Pedestrian Safety, Vehicle and Bike Parking.
We acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory Cadboro Bay exists and the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
Cadboro Bay Residents Association’s vision is a community where all are welcome to live, work, and play. We are guided by the principle of respectful and transparent communication. We acknowledge that embracing diversity enriches the lives of all people and we all share the responsibility for creating an equitable and inclusive community.
Cadboro Bay Residents Association is a nonpartisan organization whose mission is:
- Facilitation: To foster dialogue between the City of Saanich, other government interests, stakeholders, and neighbours concerning issues important to community members and businesses.
- Community Engagement: To actively encourage community engagement and increase opportunities for residents to be involved and engaged in their neighbourhood using communication and information.
- Representation: To serve on any City of Saanich or other government-related committees as requested by the city and that is deemed appropriate by CBRA.
Board of Directors
CBRA Board meetings are held monthly, on the Fourth Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. CBRA members are welcome to attend. Visit our “Be Involved” page for information on our meetings, and how you can participate.