Study of Dog Restrictions at Cadboro-Gyro Park and Beach
The construction of optimal dog restrictions at Cadboro-Gyro Park involves complex inter-related factors. Cadboro Bay Beach provides essential opportunities for healthy recreation, community connections, and watersports/boating. It is also a site with adjoining residential properties that can be disproportionately impacted by off-leash dogs. Also, Cadboro Bay Beach is located within the Victoria Harbour Migratory Bird Sanctuary, adding a Federal dimension to the considerations governing its use.
From March to August 2020, CBRA’s Beach Committee conducted extensive research and carefully reviewed public input on this topic. Research findings were provided to Saanich Council in CBRA’s August 31, 2020 report. On September 28, 2020, CBRA presented its work to Saanich Mayor and Council. Watch the presentation below.
- Presentation and Minutes, CBRA Delegation to Saanich Council (September 28, 2020).
- Final Report to Saanich Council and Appendix 3: Final Options Report with Photos (August 31, 2020)
- Progress Update (July 31, 2020).
- Survey that solicited feedback on three potential options with multiple comment boxes so that respondents could expand on their views (June 15 – July 8, 2020).
- Preliminary report for public comment/feedback (June 15, 2020).
- Mail-Out to Cadboro Bay Residents (June 2020).
Questions and comments can be directed to email@example.com or call Liz Miller of the CBRA Beach Committee at 250-888-4797.
Local Area Plan Update
The local area plan update is underway!
Great neighbourhoods are great because of community involvement, careful planning, and thoughtful urban design. The Cadboro Bay Local Area Plan (LAP) will guide growth and future development in the local area and the Cadboro Bay Village for the next 20 to 30 years.
Penhryn Street Townhouses
Write latest status update.