Study of Dog Restrictions on Cadboro Bay Beach and Gyro Park
Cadboro Bay Beach provides essential opportunities for healthy recreation, community connections, and watersports/boating for families with and without dogs. It is also a site with adjoining residential properties that can be disproportionately impacted by off-leash dogs. Moreover Cadboro Bay Beach is located within the Victoria Harbour Migratory Bird Sanctuary, adding a Federal dimension to the considerations governing its use.
From March to August 2020, CBRA’s Beach Committee conducted extensive research and carefully reviewed public input on this topic. Research findings were provided to Saanich Council in CBRA’s August 31, 2020 report. On September 28, 2020, CBRA presented its work to Saanich Mayor and Council (video below).
On March 23, 2021, CBRA highlighted its recommendations to Saanich Council in a letter, encouraging resourcing of improvements as Saanich deliberates its 2021-25 financial plan.
- Highlights letter, RE: improvements that can be enabled as part of the 2021-25 Financial Plan (March 23, 2021).
- Presentation and Minutes, CBRA Delegation to Saanich Council (September 28, 2020).
- Final Report to Saanich Council and Appendix 3: Final Options Report with Photos (August 31, 2020)
- Progress Update (July 31, 2020).
- Survey that solicited feedback on three potential options with multiple comment boxes so that respondents could expand on their views (June 15 – July 8, 2020).
- Preliminary report for public comment/feedback (June 15, 2020).
- Mail-Out to Cadboro Bay Residents (June 2020).
Questions and comments can be directed to email@example.com