The Community Mapping Collaboratory (CMC) needs your feedback! You are invited to attend the Community Mapping Collaboratory / CRD Community Green Map Network Gathering on Monday, October 28th.
Many of you have given your thoughts and suggestions on the Capital Regional District (CRD) Community Green Map, and now it’s time for you to explore the CRD Community Green Map website and make even more suggestions before it goes live on November 15th. If you still haven’t had a chance to speak to me, Maeve Lydon, or Ken Josephson about the CMC or the CRD Community Green Map, we need to hear from you, so please come say hi!
- When: Monday October 28th, 3-5pm
– 3:00-3:30 refreshments
– 3:30-5:00 preview and give your feedback on the CRD Community Green Map
- Where: David Turpin Building (formerly the Social Sciences and Math Building), Room A251 or A253 (The two rooms are right beside each other, so whichever it is, you’ll find us!), Geomatic Teaching Labs
- Who: Neighbourhood, community and NGO groups, local government, students, researchers, and interested public are welcome to join us.
- What: Preview and give us your feedback on the new CRD Community Green Map, to be officially launched November 2013. Plan the development of our regional and nationally-globally connected mapping network. Hear about the CMC mapping research and project plans for the coming year on and off campus.
Share your own projects and ideas with others and help build our community of practice.
The Community Mapping Collaboratory (CMC) and the CRD Community Green Map are funded by the Social Science and Humanities Research Council, VanCity Credit Union, the City of Victoria, the CRD, the United Way of Greater Victoria, the Office of Campus Planning and Sustainability, and UVic.