CBRA director Bill Dancer has been declared Individual Citizen Saanich Environmental Award winner for 2016. The full Saanich announcement:
17th Annual Saanich Environmental Awards Winners
Saanich, BC – Councillor Dean Murdock, Chair of the Saanich Environment and Natural Areas Advisory Committee, is pleased to announce the winners of the 2016 Saanich Environmental Awards.
• Individual Citizen 2016: William (Bill) Dancer
• Volunteer Organization: Victoria Golden Rods and Reels Fishing and Social Club
• Youth Group/School: Mount Douglas Secondary ECO Club
• Business: Saanich Native Plants
• Biodiversity/Conservation: Purnima Govindarajulu
• Long Term Achievement: Everett and Merle Peterson
• Sustainability: Goldstream Volunteer Salmonid Enhancement Association
The Saanich Environmental Awards were established in 2000 to promote environmental stewardship and leadership. Saanich Council supports recognizing local efforts to improve or conserve the environment and initiatives that work towards greater sustainability. Nominations for the awards are received through a public nomination process and evaluated by the Environment and Natural Areas Advisory Committee.
The 2016 Saanich Environmental Awards will be presented Monday, June 13 at 7 p.m. in Saanich Council Chambers at 770 Vernon Avenue. We welcome the public and media to attend the awards ceremony.