From the District of Saanich:
The District of Saanich joined the majority of Canadian municipalities when it adopted the Pesticide Bylaw in 2010 to reduce the use of pesticides in residential areas of Saanich. Along with the bylaw, a program to raise awareness about the potential negative impacts of pesticide use in our communities and alternatives to pesticides was initiated.
The provincial government has expanded the number of pesticides that residents can use. This has prompted proposed revisions to the Pesticide Bylaw. If you would like to know more about what is being proposed, please read this factsheet [PDF – 2 MB] and consider attending the Open House on April 9, 2018, 4–7pm at the Cedar Hill Golf Course.
Keep reading to learn more about the Pesticide Bylaw, Integrated Pest Management Policy, and safe alternatives to pesticides. Issues covered:
- Pesticide Bylaw
- Consult our Pesticide Bylaw
- How To Dispose of Pesticides
- Find out where and how you can safely get rid of pesticides in Saanich.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Read our IPM policy.
- Permitted Pesticides
- Learn which pesticides you can use.
- Alternatives to Pesticides
- Discover alternatives to traditional pesticides.
- Pesticide Permits
- Get a pesticide permit.
- Pesticide Resources & Links
- What are pesticides? Find answers and more.