From the District of Saanich:
THE DISTRICT OF SAANICH 2020 MUNICIPAL APPOINTMENTS TO ADVISORY COMMITTEES / FOUNDATION / BOARDS
The District of Saanich is accepting applications from residents wishing to be involved in local government by sitting as a member of an Advisory Committee, Board or Foundation. Appointments effective 2020 are made by Saanich Council and are generally for a one year term. If you would like to serve your community we encourage you to apply.
The Council Advisory Committees listed below deal with a wide range of municipal topics. Most meet on a monthly basis except in July, August and December. The terms of reference for each committee are available online at www.saanich.ca or by contacting the Legislative Services Division at 250-475-5501.
• Active Transportation
• Arts, Culture and Heritage
• Environment and Natural Areas
• Healthy Saanich
• Parks, Trails and Recreation
• Planning, Transportation and Economic Development
SAANICH HERITAGE FOUNDATION:
The Foundation is a registered non-profit society that promotes the preservation, maintenance and restoration of buildings, structures and land located in the District of Saanich which have been designated as Municipal Heritage Sites by Saanich Council. Applications are now being accepted to fill upcoming vacancies. The terms of reference can be found at www.saanich.ca. For more information, contact Shirley Leggett, Secretary at 250-475-5501 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
ADVISORY DESIGN PANEL:
The purpose of the technical Advisory Design Panel is to advise Council or the Director of Planning on the design merits of plans supporting specific public and private development applications. The commitment is a 2 year term.
The following applications are being accepted for residents of Saanich:
- Building Industry representative, via the District of Saanich application process;
- Architects, via the Architectural Institute of BC (AIBC) firstname.lastname@example.org; and,
- Landscape Architects, via the BC Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA) email@example.com.
COMMISSIONS AND BOARDS:
The District of Saanich also appoints residents to a limited number of other commissions and boards. For 2020, appointments will be made to the following organizations:
- Board of Cemetery Trustees of Greater Victoria – Royal Oak Burial Park (3 year term)
- Greater Victoria Public Library Board (2 year term)
- Vancouver Island Regional Correctional Centre Community Advisory Board (1 year term)
- Victoria Family Court and Youth Justice Committee (1 year term)
HOW TO APPLY: Saanich residents interested in being considered for an appointment must provide a résumé and complete an Application for Appointment form, available online at www.saanich.ca or by contacting the Legislative Services Division at 250-475-5501.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:30 P.M., FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2019
Submit to the Legislative Services Division, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, B.C., V8X 2W7, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.