From Tara Da Silva, Legislative Services Division at District of Saanich:
Saanich, BC –Saanich Council will host an open house November 18, 4–6:30 pm, at the Saanich Municipal Hall (770 Vernon Avenue) to share its draft 2019-2023 Strategic Plan with residents. The Strategic Plan acts as a road map that tells residents, Council and staff where Saanich is going and what kind of community it could be.
Saanich uses the Strategic Plan to:
– define the municipality’s priorities, processes, and short and long term plans;
– guide work priorities through departmental plans;
– prioritize budget and resource allocations through the five-year financial plan;
– provide context for staff reports to Council; and
– evaluate achievement of Saanich goals.
Council developed the plan over the past year through collaborative working sessions with staff.
Residents will have the opportunity to discuss the draft plan with Mayor and Counci and ask questions. Informative displays and light refreshments will be available.
Council will discuss the draft 2019-2023 Strategic Plan at the 7 p.m. Committee of the Whole meeting, following the open house November 18.
View the draft 2019-2023 Strategic Plan at saanich.ca/strategicplan.