- Date and Time: October 17th, 2013 6pm-8pm
- Location: David Lam Auditorium at the University of Victoria
- Free Registration: www.carbonchampsnight.eventbrite.ca
Join us for an engaging evening with those who are leading change in Saanich and throughout the Province of BC. This informative night will provide inspiration through the people and projects that are reducing emissions and costs in Saanich.
As a community, Saanich has made significant strides in our efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The municipality has worked hard to support carbon champions in the community who are setting the “new normal” for residents and businesses in Saanich. With presentations from:
- Keynote Speaker: Rob Abbott, Executive Director, BC Climate Action Secretariat
- Event Host: Mark Boysen, Sustainability Division Lead, Saanich Planning Department
- Saanich Carbon Champions Panel:
- Rob Bernhadt – Builder of the first solar passive home on Vancouver Island.
- Karen Jawl – Sustainable business leader with Saanich business Jawl Properties Ltd.
- Ed Knaggs and family – Saanich award winners for their sustainability efforts at home.
We’ll have coffee, tea, snacks and prizes for you as well!
We will also profile municipal projects that highlight our philosophy of leading by example and then help to connect you with tools and resources you need to lead change in your own home and workplace.
Hope you can join us!