Last night’s Caroling in the Village was a huge success! Mild weather and very little wind led to a wonderful turn out of spectators. The new stage that we rented through the City of Victoria really improved the crowd’s ability to see the entertainment, and the new sound system meant everyone could heard the music and the raffle numbers being called out!
I would like to thank everyone who helped to make the evening such a success:
- Sarah and group from Peppers’ Foods not only hosted their own table of eggnog and cookies but donated the chestnuts, condiments for the hotdogs, ran the raffle table (Krys and Cat), manned the barbecue at the hotdog table (Matt, George and John) and helped me count the donations this morning. They also donated items for all six gift baskets as well as a dozen turkeys for the turkey draw.
- Thank you to Janet, Cassey and Tao from The Shieling for putting together the gift baskets for the raffle. They looked amazing! Also to the Shieling for hosting the Roasted Chestnuts table.
- Thank you to Starbucks for hosting the coffee table, to Heart Pharmacy for hosting the Samosas and Pakoras, Marlin Travel for hosting the Hot Apple Cider, Cadboro Bay Optometry for hosting the hot chocolate, Yew Tree Yoga for the green tea, and Gyro Beach Board Shop for the popcorn.
- To all the businesses that donated items to the gift baskets for the raffle, we greatly appreciate how generous and prompt you were with the donations this year. Your contribution allowed us to have six very full and impressive gift baskets available, and encouraged greater sales of tickets and will help to build customer loyalty and return visits to our area!
- To our volunteers who helped with set up and take down: Sandy from Village service, Eric Dahli (who helped at the hot dog table), David and Agnes Lynn, Barbara Raponi and a few others I didn’t get to meet from the Cadboro Bay Residence Association, thank you for all your assistance. We greatly appreciate it!
- To our Santa Claus, Frank Berke, you did a wonderful job and the kids were thrilled!
All in all, it was a fun, entertaining and successful evening. We raised a total of $2067 which will be decided between the Mount Doug High music program and Our Place Society.
I hope each of your enjoys a very happy and prosperous Holiday season and I look forward to our next community event!
Cadboro Bay Village Business Association