Saturday October 1st, 1:00–3:30 pm, at Goward House (2495 Arbutus Rd)
This just in from Saanich Municipality:
Join the community conversation for Haro Woods, enjoy a walk, and drink forest tea as we ask “What does a forest in 2050 look like?”
Saturday October 1st 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm Goward House (2495 Arbutus Rd)
This is the first of three public events inviting community feedback for a Haro Woods management plan.
- 1:00 pm Meet and Greet, learn about the Woods
- 1:15 pm 45 min Forest Walk (optional): All ages. Limit: 20 people.
- 1:15 pm 45 min Forest Mindfulness Walk (optional): Ages 14+ Limit: 25 people.
- 2:15 pm The conversation begins… “What is your vision for the forest in 2050?”
Daycare is available. Download the children’s Haro Woods Forest Book for a self guided educational experience. Find it under “Projects in Saanich Parks” at www.saanich.ca/parks
- Dogs and bikes: sorry that you aren’t invited on these walks but please invite your owners to attend.
- Dress for the weather & forest terrain.
- Parking at Goward House or on Haro Road.
For more information visit www.saanich.ca/parks
Unable to attend the event? View the material and complete an online survey at www.saanich.ca/parks starting Oct 1, 2016. Call Saanich Parks at 250-475-5522 to register for a walk.