Notice from Don Larose, Engineering Department, District of Saanich:
Saanich is providing interim pedestrian improvements along Cadboro Bay Road between Hibbens Close and Killarney Road until the other more permanent improvements planned in the 5-10 year time frame as outlined in the Active Transportation Plan can be implemented.
The key items addressed in this project are the following:
- Pathway along the East side of Cadboro Bay between Killarney Ave and Hibbens Close
- Bus stop improvements near Vista Bay Road
- Cross walk installation c/w pedestrian activated
- Flashing beacons near Vista Bay Road
- Removal of parking on the east side of Cadboro Bay between Killarney Ave and Hibbens Close.
Why are we doing this?
This project is an interim measure that improves safety to pedestrians along Cadboro Bay Road.
A delay in traffic may occur in this area during construction. Notifications will be provided to directly impacted property owners for disruption to driveway access and lane closures.
Construction is anticipated to begin Early 2019. Refer to www.saanich.ca under Current Projects for updates.
Garbage and recycling services will be maintained.
File: 6600-20 Cadboro Bay Road
Visit www.saanich.ca to keep up to date on project progress.
If you have any questions or concerns please, contact Engineering at 250-475-5575.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on this project.
Find us online facebook.com/Saanich.bc or twitter.com/saanich