- Will the Community-House/Washrooms be a 2-storey building?
- What will be the “Beach Ecosystem Protection”? Rip-rap? Logs? Something else?
- What is meant by “Yellow Sand Verbene and Dune Grass Protection”? The Verbene and dune grass will protect the sand from errosion? Or, logs or rip-rap will be used to protect the Verbene and dune grass"?
- What rain catchment area will the Park wetlands/pond serve? Just Gyro Park? The broader community? How many Ha?
- Do the “Rain Gardens” and “Vegetated swale” beside the main parking lot drain to the wetlands/pond? How?
- Will salt water be allowed back into the park wetlands?
- There are 14 little flesh colored squares sprinkled along side trails and paths? Are these all “Exercise Stations”?
- Are the berm contours also at 0.5 m intervals?
- How does the 3895 Cadboro Bay Road property fit into the Master Plan?
[Source: Bob Furber, Parks Committee Chairman]
Flooded playground & sunken path
Gyro Beach, 1960
Settling parking area