- When: Wed Nov 19, 2014, 7–9:30pm.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre 3100 Tillicum Rd. Saanich, BC
This 90-minute presentation offers the information you need to prepare yourself and your family to survive on your own for up to 7 days after any type of disaster.
- five disasters most likely to affect Saanich residents
- how to respond and protect yourself during these disasters
- how to handle utilities and sanitation if services are disrupted
- responding to evacuation orders
- communicating with family and friends
- emergency water, food and equipment, and personal “Grab-and-Go” bags.
Each household participating in the presentation will receive a free take-home handbook to help with emergency planning.
Attendance is free, but they do require you to phone and pre-register, so they have an accurate idea of how many to expect. To do so, please call the GR Pearkes Recreation Centre, (250) 475-5400, using the registration course number 611704.
For further information, check out Saanich’s Emergency Preparedness Website
Any questions, please call the Saanich Emergency Program at (250) 475-7140.