Gary Darrah, Manager of Park Planning & Design, Parks Division
Parks and Recreation Department:
The work to upgrade the parking lot and improve drainage is well underway. A lot of progress has been made but some major work still remains to complete the project. To summarize briefly;
- There have been some delays in using the new gravel cell parking construction technique. This is a fairly new product and is
- Being used for the first time in Saanich.
- Anticipated completion is early to mid December (weather dependent).
- The temporary parking off Sinclair has been closed due to muddy conditions following this week’s rain.
- Temporary gravel parking is being installed immediately along the gravel lane extending from the end of Penrhyn Street.
- The Penrhyn gate will be opened for this temporary access.
- Due to increasingly wet site conditions the temporary parking, wood chips, and fill piles will be re-landscaped in the spring.
More information can be found at the Saanich website
Or tel. 250-475-5522 ext. 5539